This document describes how to associate VPCs under another account with your CCN instance.
- The VPCs you want to associate with have been created.
- The IP ranges of the VPCs and IDCs do not overlap.
Step 1. Create a CCN Instance under Account A
- Log in to the Virtual Private Cloud console with account A.
- Click Cloud Connect Network on the left sidebar to enter the CCN management page.
- Click +New.
- In the pop-up window, enter a name for the CCN instance and a description. Select billing mode, service level, bandwidth limit mode, and the ID of the VPC you want to associate with.
You can associate instances when or after creating the CCN.
- Click OK.
Step 2. Use Account B to Apply for Associating VPC with CCN
- Log in to the Virtual Private Cloud console with account B.
- In the VPC list, click the ID/Name of the VPC to associate with CCN.
- In the Associate with CCN section on the Basic Information page, click Associate Now.
- In the pop-up window, select Other accounts and enter the ID of account A and the CCN instance ID.
- Click OK to send the association request to the account A.
Step 3. Use Account A to Accept the Association Request
- Log in to Virtual Private Cloud Console with account A.
- Click Cloud Connect Network on the left sidebar. Then, click the ID/Name of the CCN instance with a pending association request.
- On the Associated Instances page, locate the VPC to be associated, and click Agree to add the VPC to the CCN instance.
Step 4. Check the Route Table
IP range conflicts produce invalid routes. To check if such conflicts exist, perform the following steps:
- In the CCN list, click the ID/Name of the desired CCN instance.
- Click the Route Table tab to view the route table of this CCN instance.
- Check if there is any invalid routing policy.
- See Route Limits to learn more about route conflicts. If you want to enable a route, see Enabling a Route.
Step 5. Set Cross-region Bandwidth Cap (Optional)
- In the CCN list, click the ID/Name of the CCN instance for which to set the bandwidth.
- Select the Bandwidth Management tab on the details page of the CCN instance.
- (Optional) Click Change to select the bandwidth limit mode as needed.
- Configure the bandwidth cap depending on the bandwidth limit mode of the CCN instance:
The default bandwidth cap is 1 Gbps. If you require a higher bandwidth, please submit a ticket.
- Inter-region bandwidth limit
Click Change Bandwidth. In the pop-up window, select Region A and Region B from the drop-down list and enter the Bandwidth Cap. You can also click Add to configure multiple bandwidth limit rules, and then click OK.
- Region outbound bandwidth limit
Click Adjust bandwidth cap. In the pop-up window, select regions for which you want to limit the bandwidth on the left and set the bandwidth cap on the right. Click OK.
Communication between CCN instances may incur fees. For pricing details, refer to Pricing.