Last updated: 2019-07-22 12:41:18PDF
This document tells you how to verify your ownership of a domain name after DV certificate application.
Please complete the verification as soon as possible. CA will reject your certificate application if you fail to do so within 3 days or if the verification is not successful.
The domain name ownership can be verified by:
- For manual DNS verification, you need to complete the application for a DV certificate first.
- For file verification, you need to obtain the username and password for logging in to the server.
Viewing Certificate Details
- Log in to the SSL Certificate Service Console.
- On the "Certificate List" page, select the ID of the DV certificate to be viewed to enter the "Certificate Details" page, as shown below:
- View the certificate status in the basic information section on the "Certificate Details" page.
You can verify the domain name ownership by resolving the specified DNS record. The resolution format can be specified as "Host name > TXT record type > record value".
For example, add a TXT record to the domain name
www.domain.comfor certificate application with the specified resolution format of "
www.domain.com> TXT > 20181227220956......hj37i4xai8m7uii2a23l".
Automatic DNS Verification
This DNS verification method is limited to domain names resolved by Tencent Cloud DNS.
If the domain name for which you are applying for a certificate has been resolved by Tencent Cloud DNS, you can choose automatic verification.
The system automatically adds the specified DNS record for the domain name. If the record is found matching the specified value, it is automatically cleared when the domain name ownership verification is completed.
Creating a File in the Specified Directory
- Log in to the server.
- Create the specified file in the root directory of the website, including the file directory, name, and content.
The website root directory refers to the folder where you store the website programs on the server. Its name may be wwwroot, htdocs, public_html, or webroot.
For example, create a file as shown in the table below:
|File Directory||Filename||File Content|
Waiting for Review
Please wait patiently for scan and review by the CA. For example, a DV certificate is generally issued in 10 minutes - 24 hours. Once the certificate is issued, the file and directory can be deleted.
On Windows, you need to create a file and folder that begin with a dot by running the command line.
For example, to create a
.well-known folder, run the following command in the command line window.
If anything goes wrong during this procedure, contact us.