This document describes how to modify a table in the TcaplusDB Console. If you want to modify the structure definition of a table, you can do so by modifying the table under the condition that the new definition meets the TcaplusDB table modification rules.
You have created a table. For more information, please see Creating Table.
- Enter the Table List page and select the target table. Select More > Modify in the "Operation" column or select multiple tables and click Batch Modify at the top.
- In the "Modify" dialog box that pops up, upload or select a new table definition file and click Compare Difference.
- The primary key field cannot be deleted.
- The name and type of the primary key field cannot be modified.
- You cannot add new primary key fields.
- A general field marked as required cannot be deleted.
- The name and type of fields with the same identifier cannot be modified.
- A new general field should be named according to the naming convention.
- In the pop-up dialog box, you can view the comparison result. If your new table definition does not meet the TcaplusDB table modification rules, a prompt will be displayed.
- Click Preview in the "Comparison Preview" column to view the comparison between the new and old table structures.
- After confirming that everything is correct, click Confirm to submit your request to modify the table, and a prompt will be returned if the modification is successful.
After modification, you can view the structure of the new table on the table configuration page.