This document describes how to quickly integrate the TPNS SDK into your Android application. You can use the TPNS service on your application after performing the following steps.
Preparing for Integration
Creating an Android platform application
- Before integrating the SDK, you need to log in to the TPNS console and create the product and Android application. For detailed directions, please see Creating Products and Applications.
- Go to the Configuration Management page of the application to prepare for the integration.
- On the Configuration Management page, click Quick Integration.
- Complete the configuration as instructed and click Click to verify.
- If the following prompt is displayed, the TPNS SDK is successfully integrated.
If verification failure is reported, please check whether the application has been successfully registered with the push service as instructed in Verifying the Integration Result.
To increase the offline reach rate, the TPNS SDK enables the session keep-alive feature by default. To disable the feature, see here.
Verifying the Integration Result
- Run the application, filter logs by the "TPush" keyword, and view the displayed logs.
If a log similar to that shown in the preceding figure is displayed, the TPNS SDK has been successfully integrated as a plugin.
- Check whether the registration with the push service is successful. The following log indicates successful registration.
XG register push success with token:6ed8af8d7b18049d9fed116a9db9c71ab4aabb65
If the token cannot be found, please check the error code returned by the registration API and troubleshoot as instructed in Error Code.
Quickly Integrating with a Vendor Channel
- On the Configuration Management page, enable the vendor push channel and configure the application information such as
SecretKey. For more information about how to apply for such information, see the documentation of the vendor channel.
- Click View Documentation to see the vendor channel description.
AppSecret for the vendor channel.
- After configuring the vendor channel information, click Download Configuration File at the top of the page to download the vendor channel configuration file and use it to replace the legacy one in the project file.
- View the Android Gradle plugin logs.
If an exception occurs during integration, set the
debug field in the
tpns-configs.json file to
true and run the following command:
Then, use the
./gradlew --rerun-tasks :app:processReleaseManifest
TpnsPlugin keyword for analysis.
- Click the sync projects icon.
- Check whether relevant dependencies exist in External Libraries of the project.
- If the log displays
Execution failed for task ':Paracraft:checkTPNS', the TPNS Android SDK can be updated to a later version. If you do not want to check for updates, add
"upgrade": false to the
tpns-configs.json file, as shown below:
- If you encounter the version mismatch between the Android Gradle plugin and Gradle version when using the plugin, upgrade the Gradle version by referring to Android Gradle plugin release notes. The table in following figure lists which version of Gradle is required for each version of the Android Gradle plugin.