Database inspection is used to automate full instance health checks regularly. You can also set up custom inspections based on your own needs to help troubleshoot potential instance issues and provide solutions.
Currently, database inspection is supported only for TencentDB for MySQL (excluding the basic single-node instance).
Log in to the DBbrain console, select Monitoring & Alarm > Database Inspection on the left sidebar, and select a database type at the top.
Database Inspection List
The database inspection list displays a summary of inspection information generated by the database instance, such as basic instance information, health level, the number of slow queries, and the number of big tables.
- You can select last 1 day, last 3 days, last 7 days or any time period to view the full instance inspection information. You can also perform fuzzy search by instance ID, health level, etc.
- The "Health Level" column displays the health level obtained through regular health inspections, including healthy, sub-healthy, dangerous, and high-risk.
- Click Export on the top-right corner to export the report information of full instance inspection.
- Click Email Settings on the top-right corner to configure the email information for receiving the health report generated by the database inspection. For more information, see Sending Health Report of Database Inspection via Email.
- You can click View Report in the "Operation" column to view or download the health report of the instance.
- You can click Email in the “Operation” column or click Batch Send after selecting multiple database inspection records to send the health reports to the mailbox of the specified contact. For more information, see Sending Historical Health Report via Email.
- You can click Deduction Details in the "Operation" column to view the reason for deduction of health level, including name, category, max severity, occurrences, and deduction details. For detailed description of diagnosis items, please see Exception Alarm.
DBbrain provides custom settings. Click Custom Settings to enter the instance management page and set the instance to be displayed. For more information, please see Instance Management.
Quickly Enabling/Disabling Inspection for All Instances
DBbrain supports enabling/disabling inspection for all instances with just one click. The inspection for all instances is disabled by default. You can toggle on All instance inspection disabled to enable inspection for all instances.