How does a VPN gateway work? How about its availability?
- A VPN gateway uses the network functions virtualization (NFV) and an active-active hot backup mechanism. When one server fails, automatic switchover helps ensure the normal operation of your businesses.
- Because a VPN tunnel runs on the public network, congestion, jitter, or delay on the public network may affect the VPN network. If your business is sensitive to delay and jitter, we recommend using the Direct Connect.
Why does the monitoring data displayed on the VPN gateway and VPN tunnel sometimes differ?
Currently, VPN gateway and VPN tunnel collect data at a different interval. The statistical granularity of the VPN gateway is 1 minute, and that of the VPN tunnel is 10 seconds. Therefore, the statistical data shown on the monitoring page of the VPN gateway may be different from that of the VPN tunnel.
How can I configure a VPN?
You can fully configure the IPsec VPN on the console. For more information, see Getting Started Overview.
How can I create a VPN gateway?
You can log in to the VPC console to create a VPN gateway as instructed in Step 1: Create a VPN Gateway.
How can I create a VPN tunnel?
You can log in to the VPC console to create a VPN gateway as instructed in Step 3: Create a VPN Tunnel.
How can I query the VPN connection monitoring data?
You can log in to the VPC console to query the VPN connection monitoring data as instructed in Viewing Monitoring Data.
How can I set a VPN connection alarm?
You can log in to the VPC console to set a VPN connection alarm as instructed in Setting Alarms.
How can I query the VPN gateway details?
You can log in to the VPC console to query the VPN gateway details as instructed in Viewing a VPN Gateway.
How can I modify the VPN tunnel configuration?
You can log in to the VPC console to modify the VPN tunnel configuration as instructed in Modifying VPN Tunnel.
How can I bind an Anti-DDoS instance?
You can log in to the Anti-DDoS Pro console to bind an Anti-DDoS instance as instructed in Binding an Anti-DDoS Instance.
Why can’t I create a VPN connection that supports more than 100 MB?
- This feature is unavailable in certain regions, which can be checked in the console.
- The A5 route is not configured.
- This feature is not enabled. Please submit a ticket to enable it.
How can I configure health check?
- Ensure that the customer gateway is a routing gateway.
- Configure health check in the Tencent Cloud console.
- Create the primary and secondary VPN tunnels before configuring health check to avoid affecting your business.
- The IP addresses of the VPN gateway and the customer gateway do not conflict. If the two IP addresses belong to one IP range, there is no need to configure a separate route to specify the customer gateway.
- Configure the VPN gateway route and set its priority.
Why does the fee still be automatically deducted even when the VPN tunnel is not connected or has been deleted?
The outbound traffic of the VPN gateway will be charged. Delete the unused VPN gateway to avoid fee deduction.