This document describes how to create an SSH key pair and encrypt the SSH private key on the SSM console.
You should meet the following requirements to use CVM SSH Key.
- Log in to the SSM Console and click CVM SSH Key on the left sidebar.
- On the CVM SSH Key page, click the drop-down list in the top left corner to select a region.
- Click Create in the top left corner of this page to create an SSH key secret.
- Enter the information and then click OK. You will see the new secret at the top of the list on the management page.
- Secret Name: must be unique in the same region. It supports up to 128 bytes of letters, digits, hyphens and underscores and must begin with a letter or digit.
- Description: description, such as what it is used for. It contains up to 1,024 bytes.
- Project ID: ID of the project to which the created key pair belongs.
- Tag: optional item.
- Encryption Key:
- Use the default CMK that SSM has created in KMS.
- Use a custom encryption key.
If you are using SSM, you have activated KMS. You can create an encryption key in either of the following ways:
- Use the default Tencent Cloud managed CMK created on the KMS console as encryption key, and use the envelope encryption method for encrypted storage.
- Use a custom key created on the KMS console as encryption key for encrypted storage.