This document describes how to create a private domain in the Private DNS console.
- You can only create standard TLD domain names that comply with the IANA specifications.
- After creating the private domain name, you need to set a DNS record for it and associate it with a VPC, and the record takes effect only in the associated VPC.
- For a better experience, we recommend you create a private domain name and set a DNS record for it first before associating a VPC.
- If no VPCs are displayed in the currently selected region, please create one in the VPC console.
- If existing VPCs cannot meet your needs, you can modify them in the VPC console.
- VPC regions currently supported for association include Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guangzhou, and Silicon Valley.
For a private domain that has DNS records added, the value of Records in the private domain list represents the number of DNS records of the private domain.
In the Private DNS console, click the name of the "private domain" you need to resolve to enter the DNS records page, where you can add records for the private domain. For detailed directions, please see Setting DNS Record.