This document describes the use cases of TDSQL-C for MySQL.
Mobile Internet Application
- It delivers commercial database-grade high performance and reliability. Its multiple custom-developed kernel optimizations and enterprise-grade features ensure smooth and efficient business operations, so that R&D personnel can focus on the development of business logic without worries.
- It solves the problems of poor flexibility, low sync efficiency under high business pressure, and uncontrollable switch time in the traditional primary-secondary architecture. It ensures high system availability and business continuity while delivering high performance, which greatly reduces the workload of operations and Ops personnel.
- It is fully compatible with open-source MySQL, so that your existing business applications can be connected with almost no changes required, helping you cloudify your business smoothly.
- It has a built-in high availability architecture and automatically maintains multiple data replicas, checks data, and fixes errors, which reduce human intervention and achieve a data reliability of up to 99.9999999%.
- It has agile and flexible scalability, which means that you don't need to purchase storage capacity in advance. It can quickly upgrade/downgrade according to your business needs for fast scaling and easy response to business peaks.
- It offers a massive storage capacity for up to petabytes of data that can be automatically expanded. It eliminates the tedious operations of region and server merges and optimizes resource allocation and costs.
- It features fast snapshot backup and rollback, which provides continuous protection for your data based on multiple replicas, making it an ideal database in the internet and gaming industries.
Ecommerce/Education Live Streaming
- It can be upgraded within seconds and expanded to 15 nodes at most to quickly increase the QPS, as compared with traditional databases where configuration upgrade takes longer as the storage capacity and host resource usage grow.
- It delivers an excellent data write performance under high concurrency thanks to its engine optimizations and IOPS capability enhancement, helping you tackle business surges easily.
- It leverages physical replication between the source and read nodes, which greatly reduces the delay and ensures the data consistency between buyers and sellers in ecommerce scenarios.
Finance and Insurance
- It is deployed in a multi-AZ architecture for disaster recovery and backup, with data backups stored in multiple AZs. In addition, it utilizes the global database network feature to implement remote disaster recovery. In this way, cross-region instances can be read and written at the same time, and intra-region deployment can be transformed to cross-region deployment with no code changes required.
- It adopts comprehensive methods such as allowlist and VPC to provide security guarantees for various links in database data access, storage, and management.
- It uses the shared distributed storage architecture, which completely resolves the problem of poor data consistency in replica databases caused by async source-replica replication.