- IPv6 CLB is currently in beta test. If you want to use it, please submit a ticket for application.
- Currently, IPv6 CLB instances can be created in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, Singapore, and Virginia regions.
- IPv6 CLB does not support classic CLB.
- IPv6 CLB supports obtaining the client's IPv6 source address, which can be directly obtained by layer-4 IPv6 CLB or through the
X-Forwarded-Forheader of HTTP layer-7 IPv6 CLB.
- Currently, IPv6 CLB is completely implemented on the public network, so clients in the same VPC cannot access IPv6 CLB over the private network.
- IPv6 implementations are still at the primary stage across the internet. In case of access failure, please submit a ticket. SLA is not guaranteed during the beta test period.
IPv6 CLB is load balancing implemented based on the IPv6 single stack technology. It can collaborate with IPv4 CLB to implement IPv6/IPv4 dual-stack communication. An IPv6 CLB instance is bound to an IPv6 address of a CVM instance and provides an IPv6 VIP address.
IPv6 CLB has the following advantages when helping your business quickly connect to IPv6:
CLB supports creating IPv6 CLB instances. Tencent Cloud will assign an IPv6 public IP address, i.e., VIP of the IPv6 edition, to an IPv6 CLB instance, and the VIP will forward requests from IPv6 clients to the real IPv6 CVM instance.
An IPv6 CLB instance can support IPv6 public network user's quick access and communicate with real servers over IPv6, which helps in-cloud applications quickly upgrade to IPv6 and implement end-to-end IPv6 communication.
The IPv6 CLB architecture is as shown below.
CLB supports creating layer-4 (TCP/UDP/TCP SSL) and layer-7 (HTTP/HTTPS) IPv6 CLB listeners. For more information, please see CLB Listener Overview.
Before binding the listener to a CVM instance, please check whether the instance has obtained an IPv6 address.