CLB performance is evaluated mainly based on the following metrics:
- TPS (connection per second): the number of TCP connections created by a CLB instance per second.
- Maximum number of concurrent connections: the maximum number of connections that a CLB instance can sustain at the same time.
- QPS (query per second): also known as request per second (RPS). It is the number of GET, POST, and HEAD packets sent by the client to the HTTP service after a connection is established.
- Throughput: the total traffic/bandwidth supported by a CLB instance.
Tencent Cloud provides high-performance CLB services:
- A single CLB cluster can provide over 120 million concurrent connections and respond to hundreds of millions of web access requests.
- A single CLB cluster can handle a peak traffic of 40 GB/s with up to 6 million PPS (packets per second).
- CLB strictly isolates the traffic of each tenant and provides active protection against DDoS attacks.
- If you have higher protection requirements, you can purchase Anti-DDoS Pro, which helps defend against up to 300 GB of attack traffic.
- To protect the application layer, you can purchase Tencent Cloud Web Application Firewall (WAF). It protects web security at the application layer against web vulnerability attacks, malicious crawlers, and CC attacks.