Step 6: Create security groups
Last updated: 2019-07-30 18:08:41PDF
Security Group is an instance-level firewall provided by Tencent Cloud, used to control the inbound and outbound traffic of any CVM.
1) Log in to Tencent Cloud Console, and click "Cloud Virtual Machine" in the navigation bar.
2) Click "Security Groups" in the left navigation pane.
3) Click "New" button, enter the name of the Security Group (e.g. my-security-group) and provide a description to complete the creation.
4) Click "Bind an instance" button at the end of the line for the security group in the list, and select the CVM you just created.
5) Click "Inbound rule" and "Outbound rule" tabs on the top to edit inbound and outbound rules for traffic control.
For example, to allow your local computer (IP: 126.96.36.199) send TCP requests to the CVM, you can create a rule as shown in the figure below: