This document describes the billing and pricing of connection, dedicated tunnel and direct connect gateway.
Tencent Cloud Direct Connect is billed on the basis of connection, dedicated tunnel, and direct connect gateway.
The figure below specifies the fees:
A connection is the connection between your local IDC and the Tencent Cloud Direct Connect access point. You need to pay both Tencent Cloud billable items and non-Tencent Cloud billable items.
A dedicated tunnel is the Tencent Cloud private network connection between the Direct Connect access point and the Tencent Cloud direct connect gateway.
- If the Direct Connect access point and direct connect gateway are deployed in the same region, a free tier of 10 Gbps will be provided. If you require a higher bandwidth, contact your Tencent Cloud sales rep.
- If the Direct Connect access point and direct connect gateway are deployed in different regions, cross-region communication over the private network will be charged for dedicated tunnels, and no free tier will be provided.
Direct connect gateways
A direct connect gateway is your gateway object in Tencent Cloud, and the traffic fee will be billed.
- Inbound traffic fee: traffic from your local IDC to a Tencent Cloud IDC over Direct Connect is free of charge.
- Outbound traffic fee: traffic from a Tencent Cloud IDC to your local IDC over Direct Connect is charged based on actual traffic usage at a rate of 0.015 USD/GB.
Direct Connect is billed as follows.
Dedicated access port fee
- Initial installation fee: one-time access fee of $2,500 USD.
Starting from February 1, 2021, all the new connections will be exempted from the initial installation fee.
- Resource occupation fee for dedicated access port: monthly pay-as-you-go. The fee incurred in the current month will be charged from your account between 8 and 10 AM on the first day of the next month.
- Billing time: the billing starts on the day when the connection goes to Running status, and stops when the connection is deleted on the Direct Connect console. The connection used less than one month will be billed on the basis of valid days.
- Billing formula: total fees = initial installation fee + (number of valid days in the month / number of calendar days in the month) * monthly rate for the port.
|Billable Item||Access Port Specification||Fees (USD/month)|
|Resource occupation fee (Chinese mainland)||1 GbE or below ||90|
|Resource occupation fee (outside the Chinese mainland)||1 GbE or below||224 |
Direct connect gateway traffic fee
- Billing description: the direct connect gateway will be charged starting from December 1, 2020. The inbound traffic is free of charge, while the outbound traffic billing will be accurate to MB at the price as shown below. The outbound traffic within 1 MB will not be charged.
- Billing object: the total outbound traffic of all direct connect gateways under a Tencent Cloud account.
- Billing mode: monthly pay-as-you-go. The fee incurred in the current month will be charged from your account between 8 and 10 AM on the first day of the next month.
- Billing formula: fees = (total outbound traffic of all direct connect gateways - 50 TB) * 0.015 USD/GB after the free tier is used up.
||Total Outbound Traffic
||Free of charge
||Free of charge without bills. This free tier will be cleared on the last day of every month, which cannot be accumulated.
The free tier will become unavailable after December 2, 2022. And then, all outbound traffic of direct connect gateways will be charged at 0.015 USD/GB.
Cross-region dedicated tunnel bandwidth resource fee
Monthly 95th percentile billing
Monthly dedicated tunnel fee = number of valid days in the month / number of calendar days in the month * 95th percentile of the monthly peak bandwidth * tiered unit price.
- 5-minute bandwidth value
The system collects the higher value of the inbound and outbound bandwidth on the devices every minute, and calculates the average in the last five minutes once every five minutes. The average is recorded as the 5-minute bandwidth value.
- Valid day
A valid day is a day in which at least one 5-minute bandwidth value is greater than 3 Kbps.
- Proportion of valid days
Proportion of valid days = number of valid days in the month / number of calendar days in the month
- 95th percentile of the monthly peak bandwidth
In a calendar month, the 5-minute bandwidth values on all valid days are sorted in ascending order, and the top 5% are removed. The highest value of the remaining sample points is used as the 95th percentile of the monthly peak bandwidth.
- Tiered unit price
Non-accumulative tiered pricing.
Tiered unit prices for 95th percentile of the monthly peak bandwidth
In Chinese mainland, the pay-as-you-go billing mode applies at the price as shown below.
||Monthly Fee (USD/Mbps)
- For more information on tiered pricing, contact your Tencent Cloud rep.
- Communication over the Beijing-Tianjin and Guangzhou-Shenzhen dedicated tunnels is free of charge before December 31, 2021.