Initializing CDB for MySQL
Last updated: 2020-04-03 12:15:21
This document describes how to initialize a TencentDB for MySQL instance for convenient use.
- You have registered a Tencent Cloud account and verified your identity.
To register a Tencent Cloud account:
To verify your identity:
- You have purchased a TencentDB for MySQL instance.
To purchase a TencentDB for MySQL instance:
- Log in to the TencentDB for MySQL Console and select Instance List on the left sidebar.
- Select a TencentDB for MySQL instance in Uninitialized status and click Initialize in the "Operation" column.
- In the initialization dialog box that pops up, configure the parameters related to initialization, and click OK to start initialization.
- Supported character set: LATIN1, GBK, UTF8, and UTF8MB4 character sets are supported. The default value is LATIN1, i.e., ISO-8859-1 encoding format. After initializing the instance, you can also change the character set on the instance details page in the console.
- Table name case sensitivity: set whether the table name is case-sensitive, which is yes by default.
- Custom port: the database access port, which is 3306 by default.
- Set password for root account: the username of the newly created TencentDB for MySQL instance is
root by default. Set a password for this
- Confirm password: enter the password again.
- Return to the instance list. The status of the target TencentDB for MySQL instance has changed to Running, indicating that the initialization was successful.