Migrating Data from Alibaba Cloud or a Self-built SQL Server Instance
Last updated: 2019-11-05 10:09:07PDF
TencentDB for SQL Server supports data migration using COS files, which helps you migrate from Alibaba Cloud or a self-built SQL Server instance to TencentDB for SQL Server.
- Before migration, make sure that the destination instance SQL Server edition is not simpler than that of the source instance.
- For bak files used for migration, make sure each bak file contains only one database.
- The name of the migrated database cannot be the same as that of the TencentDB for SQL Server instance.**
Uploading the Backup File to COS
- Log in to the Tencent Cloud Console and select Products > Cloud Object Storage in the top-left corner of the page to enter the COS Console. Or, log in to the COS Console directly.
- Select Bucket List and click Create a Bucket.
- In the creation page that pops up, enter the relevant information and click OK.
- The region of the bucket needs to be the same as that of the SQL Server instance to migrate to.
- Cross-region migration with COS is not supported.
- Return to the bucket list, select the created bucket, and click File list in the Operation column.
- On the file list page, click Upload File and select one or more files for upload.
- After the file is uploaded, click File info in the Action column to view the object address.
Migrating Data Through a Source File in COS
- Log in to the Tencent Cloud Console and select Products > TencentDB > SQL Server in the top-left corner of the page to enter the TencentDB for SQL Server Console. Or, log in to the TencentDB for SQL Server Console directly.
- Select Data Transmission in the left sidebar and click Create Task to create an offline migration task.
- Task Name: Custom.
- Source Instance Type: Select SQL Server backup and restoration (in COS mode).
- Region: The region of the source database must be the same as that of the source file in COS.
- Link to Source File in COS: You can view the file information to get the COS object address after uploading the source file.
- Destination Database Type and Destination Database Region: They are automatically populated by the system based on the source database configuration.
- Instance ID: Select the destination instance. You can only select an instance in the same region.
- After completing the configuration, click Next.
- Currently, type and database settings can be changed. Click Create Task.
- Return to the task list. At this time, the task status is initializing. Select the task and click Start to sync the task.
- After the data synchronization is completed (i.e., the progress bar shows 100%), you need to click Finish to end the synchronization process. You can check whether the migration is successful based on the status.
- If the task status is *task succeeded, the data migration is successful.
- If the status is *task failed, the migration failed. Please check the failure information, fix it accordingly, and then migrate again.