Database Instance Rollback
Last updated: 2019-08-14 16:14:17PDF
TencentDB for SQL Server provides a rollback tool for rolling back an instance. Historical data can be re-constructed using periodical image backup and real-time transactions to roll back the instance to a specified time where the time slices of all data are guaranteed to be identical. The full and log backups in TencentDB for SQL Server are retained for 7 days. Therefore, you can roll back the instance data to any time point within the past 7 days. This document describes how to roll back an instance in the console.
- Log in to the TencentDB for SQL Server Console, click the instance name to enter the instance details page, and click Rollback in the top-right corner.
- Select the database to be rolled back, set the rollback time, decide if the original database should be overwritten, and click Next.
- After confirming that the parameters are correctly set, click Rollback to start the rollback task.
- Return to the instance list. You should see the instance status change to task in progress. You can view the rollback progress in the task list.
- The rollback task is successful. As "Overwrite Original Database" was not selected, you can see the generated duplicate database on the database management page.
- Rollback is currently only supported for local instances, and you can choose to overwrite the original database or generate a duplicate database.
- If you choose to generate a duplicate database, note that the disk capacity after rolling back cannot exceed the disk capacity available for the instance; otherwise, rollback will fail.