Enabling/Disabling Read/write Separation
Last updated: 2020-04-28 15:45:57PDF
TencentDB for Redis supports read/write separation for business scenarios with more reads but less writes, which can well cope with read requests concentrating on frequently read data. It supports up to 1-master 5-slave mode to offer 5x read performance.
- Enabling read/write separation may cause data read inconsistency (the data on replica nodes are older than that on the master node). Please check whether your business can tolerate data inconsistency first.
- Disabling read/write separation may interrupt existing connections momentarily, so you are recommended to do so during off-peak hours.
- Log in to the TencentDB for Redis Console and click an instance name on the instance list page to enter the instance management page.
- Select Manage Database > Manage Account and click Read-Only Replica to enable read/write separation.
- In the pop-up dialog box, confirm that everything is correct and click OK.