Last updated: 2019-11-22 09:58:39PDF
- Does TencentDB for MongoDB support sharding?
- What is a MongoDB sharded cluster?
- How do I create a MongoDB sharded cluster?
- How do I query the information of a MongoDB sharded cluster?
- How do I expand the capacity of a MongoDB sharded cluster?
- How do I monitor data in a MongoDB sharded cluster instance?
- What is the MongoDB sharding policy?
- What is the authentication mechanism for MongoDB?
- What sharded cluster commands are supported by MongoDB?
Does TencentDB for MongoDB support sharding?
Yes. For more information, see Creating a Sharding Cluster.
What is a MongoDB sharded cluster?
Sharded clusters are available on TencentDB for MongoDB.
- Sharded clusters distributively store data in multiple physical machines according to the shard key. Their great scalability, therefore, makes them very suitable for storing TB or PB level data.
- Sharded clusters support instance-level backup and rollback to ensure data reliability; The multi-node automatic disaster recovery is enabled for each shard to ensure high service availability.
- Using TencentDB for MongoDB sharding, you can easily and efficiently build a large-scale distributed storage system.
How do I create a MongoDB sharded cluster?
Log in to MongoDB Purchase Page, click Sharded Cluster in Instance Type, and select the number of shards, the number of nodes in each shard, and node specification based on your needs.
Since each shard is a replica set with multiple nodes, the multi-node auto disaster recovery is enabled to ensure service availability.
How do I query the information of a MongoDB sharded cluster?
In the console, you can view detailed information of the sharded cluster instance, such as the shard composition, shard node specifications and used capacity, as well as perform operations including instance capacity expansion.
How do I expand the capacity of a MongoDB sharded cluster?
You can expand the capacity only by expanding all nodes at the same time. Adding nodes is not supported.
On the console, click the Expand on the instance list page, select the desired capacity, and click Upgrade.
How do I monitor data in a MongoDB sharded cluster instance?
You can monitor the data of the TencentDB for MongoDB sharded cluster in three dimensions:
You can view the monitoring report in the System Monitoring page of an instance, from which you will see various indicators, including operation requests, capacity usage, and load.
What is the MongoDB sharding policy?
- A sharding mechanism that supports hash key.
- The shard key is indexed compound fields.
- Sharding is required for all data sets in a sharding instance. It is recommended to place non-sharded data in a separate replica set instance.
What is the authentication mechanism for MongoDB?
MongoDB fully supports SCRAM-SHA-1 and MongoDB-CR.
What sharded cluster commands are supported by MongoDB?
For more information, see Supported Sharded Cluster Commands.