Configure Security Group
Last updated: 2019-08-12 11:57:52PDF
A security group is a virtual firewall which has status and filter features and is used to set network access control for single or multiple TencentDB instances. It is an important network security isolation tool powered by Tencent Cloud. A security group is a logical grouping of assets where you can put together instances with same network security isolation requirements and within the same region. Instances share the same security group list with the CVMs and rule-based matching applies within a security group. See security group description for specific policies and limitations.
- Database security group currently only supports VPC access control , and basic network access control is not available.
- Because TencentDB itself does not generate outbound traffic, outbound polices are not applied to TencentDB.
- TencentDB for MongoDB security group supports master instances, read-only instances and disaster recovery instances.
- Notes for default security group templates:
- Port 22 opened on Linux: Only TCP port 22 for SSH login is exposed to Internet, and all private network ports are opened to Internet. This template is unavailable for databases.
- Port 3389 opened on Windows: Only TCP port 3389 for MSTSC login is exposed to Internet, and all private network ports are opened to Internet. This template is unavailable for databases.
- All ports opened to Internet: Allow all IPs to access databases. This involves a certain security risk.
- Security groups are whitelisting. Submit a ticket to apply for this feature.
Create a security group
- Log in to the Tencent Cloud Console, and select Products -> Cloud Virtual Machine to go to the CVM management page.
- Click Security Groups in the left navigation bar to open the security group management page.
- Click Create, select Template or Custom, and then enter the Name of the security group, such as my-security-group. Select Project, enter Notes (optional), and then click OK.
Configure security groups for TencentDB for MongoDB
Security Group is an instance-level firewall provided by Tencent Cloud that is used to control inbound/outbound traffic of databases. You can associate a security group when you purchase an instance, or associate one in the console after you have purchased an instance.
TencentDB for MongoDB security group is only available for VPC-based databases.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MongoDB Console, select the instance for which you want to configure security groups in the instance list, and click Manage -> Security Groups in the Operation column.
- Specify the security group to associate and click OK.
Delete a security group
- Log in to the security group page, and select More -> Delete in the Operation on the security group list.
- In the pop-up deletion confirmation box, click OK. If the security group is associated with a CVM, you need to remove the association before deleting the security group.
Clone a security group
- Log in to the security group page, and select More -> Clone in the Operation on the security group list.
- In the dialog box, select the target region and the target project, and click OK. If the new security group needs to be associated with CVMs, associate it with the desired CVMs.
Add rules to a security group
- Log in to the security group page, specify the security group to update, click the security group ID and open the details page, on which you can see the detailed information of the security group and the inbound/outbound rules.
- On the Inbound rule/Outbound rule tab, click Add a Rule.
- Select the options for the inbound/outbound rules, and enter the required information. For example, specify "10.0.0.0/0" for source/destination, "TCP:3306" for protocol port, and "Allow" for the policy, and then click Completed. You can click New Line to add more rules.
Import/Export security group rules
- Log in to the security group page, select the security group you want to update, and click the security group ID to enter the details page.
- On the Inbound rule/Outbound rule tab, click Import rule.
- If a rule already exists in the security group, export the existing rule first, otherwise it will be overwritten by the imported rules. If no rule exists, you can export an template and edit it, then click Selecting file... to select the edited template file, and click Import.