TencentDB for MongoDB supports auth-free access to instances. You can enable it for quick connection and access to databases.
Auth-free access enables you to efficiently and quickly access database instances but brings security risks. Therefore, enable this feature with caution.
Currently, only TencentDB for MongoDB 3.6 and 4.0 support auth-free access.
- Upgrade to support auth-free access involves kernel upgrade and momentary disconnections.
- After auth-free access is enabled, the instance will restart. Therefore, enable this feature during off-peak hours.
If you want to use the auth-free access feature on an instance created before this feature is launched, you need to upgrade the instance's kernel version first.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MongoDB console.
- In the MongoDB drop-down list on the left sidebar, select Replica Set Instance or Sharded Instance. The directions for the two types of instances are similar.
- Above the instance list on the right, select the region.
- In the instance list, find the target instance.
- Click the target instance ID to enter the Instance Details page.
- In the Basic Info section on the Instance Details page, click Upgrade after Auth-Free Access.
- In the Upgrade to Support Auth-Free Access pop-up window, read the prompt message carefully and click OK.
Upgrade to support auth-free access involves kernel upgrade and momentary disconnections.
- On the Instance Details page, the instance status becomes Upgrading database version. After the status becomes Running, you can proceed to the subsequent operations.
Enabling auth-free access
- In the Basic Info section on the Instance Details page, click Enable after Auth-Free Access.
- In the Enable Auth-Free Access pop-up window, read the prompt message carefully and click OK.
- On the Instance Details page, wait for the instance status to become Running, and then you can use the instance normally.
Disabling auth-free access
In the Basic Info section on the Instance Details page, click Disable after Auth-Free Access to disable this feature.
You can access TencentDB for MongoDB databases by using MongoDB shell or drivers in various programming languages as instructed in Connecting to TencentDB for MongoDB Instance.