TencentDB for MongoDB supports database version upgrade from 3.6 to 4.0.
Currently, only TencentDB for MongoDB 3.6 can be upgraded to 4.0, while other versions cannot. For version differences, see Storage Engine and Version.
The upgrade process is completely automatic, and there will be several second-level interruptions during the process. It is recommended to upgrade during off-peak period.
- You have created a TencentDB for MongoDB instance.
- The TencentDB for MongoDB replica set or sharded instance is on v3.6 and in Running status.
- The instance is not a read-only or disaster recovery instance.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MongoDB console.
- In the MongoDB drop-down list on the left sidebar, select Replica Set Instance or Sharded Instance. The directions for the two types of instances are similar.
- Above the instance list on the right, select the region.
- In the instance list, find the target instance.
In the Version and Engine column, you can view the version of the instance.
- In the Instance ID/Name column of the target instance, click the instance ID in blue font to enter the Instance Details page.
- In the Configuration Info section on the Instance Details page, click Upgrade to v4.0 after Version and Engine.
- In the pop-up window, read the prompt message carefully, confirm the upgrade, and click OK.