You can upload files from your local file system or via URLs or APIs. VOD supports checkpoint restart, large file upload, and multi-replica backup. For details, please see Media Upload Overview.
Supported files formats for upload include:
- Video: WMV, RM, MOV, MPEG, MP4, 3GP, FLV, AVI, RMVB, TS, ASF, MPG, WEBM, MKV, M3U8, WM, ASX, RAM, MPE, VOB, DAT, MP4V, M4V, F4V, MXF, QT, and OGG
- Audio: MP3, M4A, FLAC, OGG, WAV, RA, AAC, and AMR
- Thumbnail: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, AI, CDR, EPS, and TIF
VOD supports data storage with redundancy across architectures and devices. It provides 99.9% durability of objects, outperforming traditional architectures. It also supports multiple storage classes to meet your needs.
- Storage classes: STANDARD, STANDARD_IA, ARCHIVE, and DEEP ARCHIVE.
- Lower storage costs: custom rule-based storage policies, auto deletion of expired media files, and real-time image processing.
You can manage media files through the VOD console or APIs by performing operations like adding categories and labels. You can export all information of such files.
- Quick edit of media file information
- Media file search with multiple filters
- Media file processing, transcoding, watermarking, thumbnail setting, and screencapture
- Exporting media file information in CSV or JSON format
- Sharing media files via WeChat QR code
- Setting multiple levels of categories and labels for videos
- Managing media files by table, online preview, and download
- Supporting multiple storage classes
- Setting hotlink protection URL with allowlist/blocklist