Configuring Elastic Protection
Last updated: 2020-02-17 10:59:48PDF
When elastic defense is enabled for DDoS high defense IP instances, when the peak value of attacking Traffic exceeds base protection bandwidth, DDoS high defense IP will continue to defend according to elastic protection bandwidth set by the user.
If elastic defense is not enabled when purchasing DDoS High Defense IP instances, users can enable it by themselves during use. No elastic protection was triggered on that day, and no additional cost was generated. When the elastic defense is triggered (the attack peak exceeds base protection bandwidth), the range corresponding to the highest attack peak generated on that day is billed, and the bill is generated the next day. Users can change the elastic protection bandwidth of DDoS High Defense IP instance in real time according to the actual business situation.
Enable elastic protection
If elastic defense is not enabled when purchasing DDoS high defense IP instances, users can enable it during use, and take Traffic, the highest attack in history, as a reference, select elastic protection bandwidth, which is slightly higher than the historical peak, in order to provide sufficient defense against Traffic attacks and avoid IP blocking caused by exceeding the defense peak.
- Login DDoS Protection Management console Select * * DDoS High Defense IP * *-> * * Asset list * *, and click * * enable Elastic Defense * * in the row of the target instance.
- In the "Open Elastic Protection" dialog box, select the desired [elastic protection bandwidth].
- Click [OK to submit].
Change elastic protection bandwidth
- Login DDoS Protection Management console Select * * DDoS High Defense IP * *-> * * Asset list * *, and click the target instance ID, to enter the basic information interface of the instance.
- Locate the "Elastic Protection" section, and to the right of "Elastic Peak", click [change].
- In the change Elastic Protection dialog box, select the appropriate elastic protection bandwidth.
- Elastic protection bandwidth supports adjustment, adjustment and lowering, but the protection capabilities supported by Intra-region are different. Please refer to the specific value range of elastic protection bandwidth. Product Overview .
- Elastic protection bandwidth will take effect immediately after the amendment.
- Click [OK to submit].
Disable elastic protection
After the elastic defense is disabled, the maximum protection peak value is reduced to base protection bandwidth. Make sure that the actual demand is met before performing this operation.
- Login DDoS Protection Management console Select * * DDoS High Defense IP * *-> * * Asset list * *, and click * * disable Elastic Defense * * in the row of the target instance.
- In the "turn off Elastic Defense" dialog box, click "OK submit".