Configure alarm policies
Last updated: 2020-03-24 17:48:40PDF
Users can create alarms when using DDoS High Defense IP instances, and the system will monitor Metric according to the alarm policy. When Metric's status reaches the alarm condition, the alarm will be triggered and an alarm message will be sent to the specified user group. Users can take corresponding preventive or remedial measures in time according to the alarm information. Reasonably creating alarms can help users improve the robustness and reliability of their applications. For more information about alarms, see Cloud Monitoring Create an alarm policy .
Trigger alarm condition
When you need to monitor a Metric of an instance, you need to create an alarm policy first. The alarm policy includes three necessary components: name, type and alarm trigger condition. Each alarm policy is a collection of a series of alarm trigger conditions. Meeting a condition will trigger the alarm and send alarm information to the specified user. After receiving the alarm, the user can view it in time and take corresponding measures.
The user needs to set the default alarm recipient, otherwise the default alarm policy of Tencent Cloud DDoS High Defense IP will not be notified to the user.
Create an alarm policy
Login Tencent Cloud Monitoring console Select alarm configuration-> alarm Policy in the left navigation.
On the alarm policy list page, click "add" to enter the Create policy page.
Set the content of basic options such as policy name, policy type, and so on. The policy type selects the service that needs alarm. In this document, the policy type takes [DDoS Defense-High Defense IP] as an example.
Set the alarm object.
- Select "all objects", then the alarm policy is bound to all instances of the current account.
- Select "Select partial objects", then the alarm policy is bound to the instance selected by the user.
- Select "Select instance Group", then the alarm policy is bound to the instance grouping selected by the user.
Set alarm trigger condition: there are two trigger methods: trigger condition template and configure trigger condition, one of which can be selected.
Trigger condition template
Click to open the trigger condition template, and select the configured template in the drop-down list. For more information, please see Configure trigger condition template Document. If Create's template is not displayed, click "Refresh" on the right to refresh the selection list of trigger alarm templates.
Configure trigger condition
Alarm trigger condition is a semantic condition composed of Metric, statistical period, comparison relationship, threshold, duration period and repeated notification strategy.
An example of parameter configuration is as follows:
- Specify Metric as the number of connections.
- The statistical period is 1 minute.
- The comparative relationship is: >.
- The threshold is 100.
- The duration cycle is: 1 cycle.
- Repeat notice: warning once a day. Indicates that the number of connections is collected every 1 minute. If the number of connections counted by a DDoS High Defense IP instance is greater than 100 for two consecutive times, an alarm will be triggered and a warning will be given once a day.
Custom setting of repeated alarm policy is supported. You can choose the repetition frequency of no repetition, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, increasing cycle index and so on. The meaning of increasing periodic index is when the alarm is the first, the second, the fourth and the eighth. When the Nth power of the second is triggered, an alarm message is sent to you. The meaning is that the interval between sending alarm messages will be longer and longer, to a certain extent, to avoid harassment caused by repeated alarms.
After confirming that it is correct, click "finish".
After the alarm policy is created, users can send an alarm for their Associate alarm object. When the object reaches the alarm trigger condition, an alarm will be sent. The detailed steps for configuring Associate alarm object are as follows:
Login Tencent Cloud Monitoring console Select alarm configuration-> alarm Policy in Left sidebar.
On the alarm policy management page, find the policy that requires Associate object, and click the alarm policy name to enter the details page.
In the alarm object area, click add object.
You can click "New object" without Intra-region. To remove the alarm object, select the instance that requires the Unassociate relationship, and click remove to undo the relationship between the object and the alarm policy.
3. On the configuration page, select the DDoS High Defense IP instance that requires Associate, and click apply to alarm the Associate instance.
Set the alarm receiving object
When the alarm is triggered, the personnel of the same alarm receiving group will receive the corresponding alarm. The detailed steps for setting the object to receive alarms are as follows:
- Login Tencent Cloud Monitoring console Select alarm configuration-> alarm Policy in the left navigation.
- On the alarm policy management page, find the policy to which the alarm receiving group needs to be added, and click the alarm policy name to enter the details page.
- In the alarm receiver area, click Edit.
- On the configuration page, check the user group and receiving channel for notification, and click Save to complete the setting of alarm acceptance object.
- Currently, three alarm receiving methods, e-mail, SMS and phone, are supported. You can find it in the Access Management console Modify the user's mobile phone and email information to determine which way the user can receive the alarm message. To modify the user information, see Create Sub-user .
- Alarm policy enables the phone to receive alarms. Configure the following parameters.
- Number of polls: the maximum number of times that all receivers are polled and dialed one by one when there is no valid contact.
- Touch notification: successfully received by the phone or polled to send a message to all recipients.
- Users can also set alarm receiving objects on the page where the alarm policy is created.
- The telephone alarm channel is currently in Beta test, if necessary, please Submit a ticket To support it.