Assign Dedicated CVM
Last updated: 2019-11-14 11:21:07PDF
You can create CVM instances on the purchased CDH in the console or through the API.
Before assigning a dedicated CVM instance on the host, you need to complete the following tasks according to the actual situation:
- To create a VPC-type CVM instance, you need to create a VPC in the target region and create a subnet in the target availability zone on the VPC.
- If you don't want to use the default project created automatically by the system, you need to create a project.
- If you don't want to use the default security group created automatically by the system, you need to create a security group in the target region and add security group rules that meet your business needs.
- When creating a Linux-based instance, you need to bind an SSH key pair by creating an SSH key for the target project.
- When creating a dedicated CVM instance with custom image, you need to create a custom image or import an image.
Creating a Dedicated CVM Instance in Console
Enter the instance assigning page.
1). Log in to the CDH Console.
2). Select a region, check the CDH and click Assign CVM.
Select the instance CPU and memory configuration.
You can customize the CPU and memory configuration of the instance subject to the remaining available resources of the host/host resource pool you select. The instance resource configuration you specify will affect the number of instances that can be created.
Select an image.
According to different sources, Tencent Cloud provides the following image types: public image, custom image and shared image. For more information on image types, see Introduction to Image Types.
Select system disk and data disk.
The storage types supported by the instance include: local HDD/local SSD, HDD cloud disk, premium cloud disk and SSD cloud disk.
For more information on cloud disks, see Cloud Disk Types.
- System disk: Required, for installing the operating system. You can select the type and capacity of the cloud disk used as the system disk. Available cloud disk types vary by the region selected. The default capacity of the system disk is 50 GB.
- Data disk: Optional. You can add a data disk after creating the instance or add a data disk at the time of purchase and then select the type and capacity. You can create an empty data disk or create a data disk using a data disk snapshot.
Set network information.
The instance subnet on the CDH only supports billing by traffic. If you want to assign a public IP address to the instance, you need to select Purchase Now. The IP address assigned in this way cannot be directly unbound from the instance; instead, it can be converted into an elastic public IP first and then unbound.
- Basic network: Starting from August 3, 2017, newly launched regions no longer support basic network for all users. Some accounts registered after June 13, 2017 don't support basic network either.
- VPC: VPC and subnet must be selected. If there are no VPC or subnet created in advance, the default VPC and subnet can be selected. For more information on basic network and VPC, see VPC Overview.
Determine the number of instances.
Set the project, host name, login method and security group.
- Host name:
- You can select Name It Now at the time of purchase and enter a meaningful name of up to 60 characters.
- You can also select Name after creation, and the name of the created CVM instance is "unnamed". This name is only displayed in the console and not the hostname of the instance.
- Login method:
- For CVM instances with Linux-type image, available login methods include Set Password, SSH Key Pair and Random Password.
- For CVM instances with Windows-type image, available login methods include Set Password* and Random Password.
- Security group:
- If you have not created a security group, select Create a security group;
- If you already have a security group, select Select a security group.
Meanwhile, you can preview the security group rules. For more information, see Security Group
- Host name:
Select security reinforcement and Cloud Monitor components.
- Security reinforcement: DDoS protection, WAF and Host Security are activated free of charge. For more information, see Host Security.
- Cloud Monitor: Cloud product monitoring is activated free of charge. Components are installed to obtain host monitoring metrics displayed as monitoring icons. Plus, custom alarm thresholds can be configured. For more information, see Cloud Monitor Overview.
After the CVM instance is created, you will receive a message including the instance name, public IP address, private IP address, login name and the initial password (if Random Password is selected) which can be used to log in and manage the instance.
Creating a Dedicated CVM Instance Through API
You can use the RunInstances API to create a dedicated CVM instance on a CDH. For instructions, see API for Creating Instance.