ECDN is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. The system will generate a bill and deduct the fees based on your actual usage in the last billing cycle. If your account balance is insufficient, your account will become negative and fall into arrears.
If your account falls into arrears when you purchase or use another Tencent Cloud service, your use of ECDN will be affected.
If your account balance becomes negative, your account will fall into arrears, and the system will push an arrears notification, which will be triggered only once when your account balance turns negative.
To avoid affecting your business, the system grants your account in arrears a grace period for arrears handling, during which it will push arrears notifications to remind you to top up promptly.
- During the grace period, the current ECDN service of your account will not be affected and can still be used.
- During the grace period, you can change the current ECDN acceleration service configuration of your account.
- If you are billed daily, the grace period will be 24 hours by default.
- If you are billed monthly, the grace period will be 7 days by default.
Service Suspension Period
- If your fail to top up your account within the grace period, it will enter the service suspension period, and the system will push a service suspension notification. At this point, be sure to top up as soon as possible.
- During the service suspension period, restrictions will be put on your use of service, including but not limited to:
- Your account will be locked, and you cannot add or change the ECDN acceleration service.
- All your ECDN services will be automatically disabled. After that, acceleration domain names will be directly resolved to the origin server and no longer enjoy acceleration services.
- When your account is in arrears, you can enable ECDN again in the console after topping up.
- For acceleration domain names that are forcibly deactivated due to arrears, you need to activate them again in the console before you can use ECDN again.