ECDN supports the following advanced origin-pull policies:
You can select an appropriate origin-pull policy based on your business needs.
- The default origin-pull policy of ECDN is optimal route selection.
- Weighted and master/slave origin-pull policies support only origin servers whose type is origin IP. Origin servers whose type is origin domain support only optimal route selection origin-pull.
- If weighted origin-pull is selected, the performance will also be taken into account when the platform schedules requests. Therefore, the actual origin-pull weight ratio may be different from the set ratio.
- If master/slave origin-pull is selected, the platform will monitor availability of both the master and slave origin servers. If the master is found exceptional, requests will be automatically switched to the slave and will be switched back to the master if it is found recovered.
The optimal route selection origin-pull policy is the default policy of the platform and applies to origin servers whose type is origin IP or origin domain:
Weighted origin-pull supports only origin servers whose type is origin IP. You can set the origin-pull weights for different origin servers based on their loading capabilities.
Master/slave origin-pull supports only origin servers whose type is origin IP. You can use this feature if your want to implement origin-pull based on a master/slave architecture.
After adding a domain name, you can modify advanced origin-pull policies on the domain management page in the following steps:
Step 1. Log in to the ECDN Console, click Domain Management on the sidebar, and click Manage.
Step 2. On the Basic Info page, you can view the origin server configuration information. Click Edit to enter the editing page.
Step 3. In the pop-up window, you can adjust the origin server configuration as needed. For more information on how to configure advanced origin-pull policies, please see Adding Advanced Origin-Pull Policy.
- The origin server configuration takes 5–30 minutes to be distributed and take effect.
- When adding an origin server address, please make sure that the origin server has been enabled for service; otherwise, some requests may fail after the switch.
- Before deleting an origin server address, delete the origin server configuration on the ECDN platform first and then disable the origin server service so as to reduce the risks of origin server switch.