How is ECDN billed?
ECDN is billed as follows:
- Billing mode: ECDN is billed daily on a pay-as-you-go basis. The charge for total consumption generated between 00:00:00 and 23:59:59 on the current day will be billed on the next day.
- Billable items: fees incurred by requests + fees incurred by traffic in excess of the free tier.
For more information on the pricing, please see ECDN Billing Description.
How is ECDN traffic exceeding the free tier billed?
The fees of excessive traffic are calculated as follows:
- The fees of excessive traffic are mainly subject to the number of billable requests and actually used traffic. If the actually used traffic does not exceed the free tier, you do not need to pay for traffic.
- The free tier of traffic is calculated based on the number of billable requests in an actual billing cycle and applies only to the current billing cycle as it is non-cumulative.
What will happen to my ECDN service if my account falls into arrears?
Arrears will affect your acceleration service. For more information, please see Notes on Arrears.
Will fees be incurred after the domain name service is disabled (the domain name is deactivated)?
After the domain name service is disabled, if the domain name is still configured with CNAME resolution or the user's local DNS cache has not expired, the cache nodes can still receive user access requests, for which the platform will return a 404 status code and bill them as follows:
- For all requests and traffic generated on the day when the domain name service is disabled, corresponding service fees will be incurred according to the standard billing mode.
- After the day when the domain name service is disabled, neither requests nor traffic generated by the deactivated domain name will incur fees.
What are the differences in the billing mode between VIP and regular Tencent Cloud customers?
- VIP customers are billed monthly by default, while regular customers are billed daily by default.
- VIP customers are billed in a tiered manner, while regular customers are billed based on a cumulative tier.