Data Migration Overview
Last updated: 2019-11-20 10:25:03PDF
Tencent Cloud Data Transmission Service (DTS) is a data transfer service that integrates such features as data migration, sync, and subscription, helping you migrate your databases without interrupting your business and build a high-availability database architecture for remote disaster recovery through real-time sync channels. Its data subscription feature grants you real-time access to incrementally updated data in your TencentDB instance, so that you can consume such data based on your business needs. Currently, DTS for MongoDB supports data migration on different versions of MongoDB and in various network scenarios.
|Source instance||Source instance to be migrated from.|
|Target instance||Target instance to be migrated to, i.e., the TencentDB for MongoDB instance you purchase.|
|CVM-created instance||MongoDB service deployed on a CVM instance.|
|Public network-created instance||MongoDB service deployed on the public network.|
- Data migration: DTS supports one-time migration of all data to the cloud.
- Data sync: DTS supports real-time data sync by combining full migration and incremental sync.
- DTS supports MongoDB 3.2, 3.4, and 3.6.
- Currently, DTS supports only MongoDB replica sets but not sharding clusters.
DTS supports data migration and data sync across public network, CVM-created instances, Direct Connect gateways, VPN gateways, and CCN.
- Cloudification migration: DTS supports migrating your MongoDB instance in a traditional IDC to TencentDB for MongoDB, moving your businesses to the cloud in an efficient and convenient manner.
- Self-built service migration: DTS supports migrating your MongoDB service created with virtual machines in Tencent Cloud or other clouds to TencentDB for MongoDB.
- Migration of MongoDB data from other cloud vendors: DTS supports migrating MongoDB data from other cloud vendors to TencentDB for MongoDB.
- Migration between cloud instances: DTS supports data migration or real-time sync between cloud instances.
Notes on migration
- To ensure migration efficiency, cross-region migration is not supported for CVM-created instances.
- For the migration of public network instances, please make sure that the source instance service is accessible in public network environments.
- After the successfully migrated data is verified by your business, the connection to the source instance can be closed and then switched to the target instance.
- Online migration is not supported for self-built single-node instances as they have no oplog.