Last updated: 2020-02-25 17:25:51PDF
Before using an ENI, you need to understand the following concepts:
Primary ENIs and Secondary ENIs
- When VPC's Cloud Virtual Machine was founded, ENI, whose ENI attribute was mainly ENI.
- User-created ENI, its ENI attribute is Secondary ENI.
- The primary ENI cannot be unbound, while secondary ENIs can.
Primary Private IP Addresses
- The primary private IP address of an ENI can be randomly assigned by the system or defined by users when the ENI is created.
- The primary private IP address of the primary ENI can be changed, while that of an secondary ENI cannot be changed.
Secondary Private IP Addresses
- A secondary private IP address that is bound to an ENI can be configured by users when the ENI is created or edited.
- A secondary private IP address can be bound and unbound.
EIPs are bound with the private IP addresses of an ENI in one-to-one fashion.
An ENI can be bound with one or more security groups.
An ENI has a globally unique MAC address.