To bind multiple IP addresses to a single ENI, you can apply for secondary private IP addresses for the ENI as follows:
Step 1. Assign a Private IP
- Log in to the VPC console.
- Choose IP and ENI > ENI in the left sidebar to go to the ENI list page.
- Locate the ENI instance for which you want to request a secondary private IP, and then click on its ID/Name to go to its details page.
- Click the IPv4 Address Management tab, and check the primary private IPs that have been bound.
- Click Assign Private IP and select Auto or Enter manually for Assign IP in the pop-up window.
If you select Enter manually, make sure that the private IP address you enter is within the subnet IP range and is not a reserved IP address of the system.
For example, if the subnet IP range is
10.0.0.0/24, the entered private IP address should be within
10.0.0.2 - 10.0.0.254.
Step 2. Configure the Secondary Private IP
Follow the steps below to log in to the CVM that is bound with the ENI and configure the secondary private IP to make it effective:
Linux CVM instances
- Run the following command to configure the secondary private IP.
ip addr add Secondary private IP/CIDR bits dev eth0
- Run the
ip addr command to view the configured IPs, as shown below.
Windows CVM instances
- Perform the following steps to view the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server of the CVM instance.
- On the desktop, select in the lower-left corner and click to open the Windows PowerShell window.
- Record the IPv4 address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server values that are displayed.
- Select Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. Click Ethernet to modify its information.
- In the Ethernet Status pop-up window, click Properties.
- In the Ethernet Properties pop-up window, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties pop-up window, specify the following information:
||The IPv4 address obtained in step 1
||The subnet mask obtained in step 1
||The default gateway obtained in step 1
|Preferred DNS server
||The DNS server obtained in step 1
|Alternate DNS server
||The alternate DNS server obtained in step 1. If the alternate DNS server is not given, ignore this parameter
- Click Advanced to configure the secondary private IP address.
- In the Advanced TCP/IP Settings pop-up window, click Add under the IP Addresses section.
- In the TCP/IP Address pop-up window, enter the secondary private IP and the subnet mask obtained in step 1, and click Add.
- In the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) pop-up window, click OK.
- In the Ethernet Properties pop-up window, click OK to complete the configuration.
- In the Ethernet Status pop-up window, click Details to view the configured IP addresses.