- Log in to the SCF console and select Function Service on the left sidebar.
- On the Function Service page, click the target function to enter its details page.
- Select Function Code on the Function Management page.
- Select the desired test template in the "Editor" as shown below:
- Click Test to test the function.
Testing Event Template
During product iteration, new content will be added to the default testing event templates.
A testing event template is used to simulate the event and content passed to a function when the corresponding trigger triggers the function, which is represented as the
event input parameter in the function. The template must be a data structure in JSON format. The default testing event templates and their descriptions are as follows:
- Hello World event template: this is a simple custom event template that allows you to enter custom event content when you trigger a function through TencentCloud API.
- COS file upload and deletion event template: this simulates an event that is generated and passed upon function triggering when a file is uploaded or deleted in a bucket after a COS trigger is bound.
- CMQ topic event template: this simulates an event that is generated and passed upon function triggering when a message is received in CMQ after a CMQ topic subscription is bound.
- API Gateway event template: this simulates an event that is generated and passed upon function triggering when an API request arrives API Gateway after API Gateway is bound.
Custom Testing Event Template
Before testing, you can directly select a default test template or modify the test template based on your own event conditions and save it as a custom test template. The modified test template passes the event content that is used as function trigger to the function and must be in JSON format.
The following usage restrictions apply to custom testing event templates.
- Custom testing event templates are used at the account level. Different functions under the same account share the same testing event template.
- Up to five custom testing templates can be configured for one account.
- A custom testing template can be up to 64 KB in size.
Creating and saving custom testing event template
When testing, if you do not want to modify the testing template every time, you can save the modified template as a custom template. After selecting the template to be modified, you can click Create Template to modify the template, enter an easy-to-remember name, and save it. When using the saved template for testing subsequently, the template on the testing page will be the same as that used last time.
Deleting custom testing event template
You can delete a custom template that is no longer used by selecting it and clicking Delete.