This document describes how to use SCF to dump CLS logs to COS. CLS is mainly used for log collection, SCF mainly provides node computing capabilities for data processing, and COS mainly provides persistent data storage capabilities. For the data processing flowchart, please see Function Processing Overview.
Creating logset and topic
- Log in to the CLS console and click Log Topic on the left sidebar.
- On the logset management page, select the region of the logset at the top.
- Click Create Log Topic and enter relevant information in the Create Logset pop-up window:
- Log Topic Name: enter
project_test for example.
- Logset Name: enter
nginx for example.
- Click OK.
- The log topic is successfully added, and you will be redirected to the log topic management page as shown below:
Creating SCF function
- Log in to the SCF console and select Function Service on the left sidebar.
- At the top of the Function Service page, select the Beijing region and click Create to enter the function creation page and configure the following parameters:
- Creation method: select Template.
- Fuzzy search: enter "CLSSCFCOS" and search.
- Click Learn More in the template to view relevant information in the Template Details pop-up window, which can be downloaded.
- After configuring the basic information, click Next to enter the function configuration page.
- Function name: enter "CLSdemo".
- Select the Beijing region.
- Keep the default function configuration and click Complete to complete the function creation.
Configuring CLS trigger
- Log in to the CLS console and click Logset on the left sidebar.
- Find the created logset and click View in the Operation column on the right to enter the logset details page.
- On the log topic details page, select Function Processing and click Create. Add the created function in the pop-up "Function Processing" window as shown below:
The main parameter information is as follows. Keep the remaining configuration items as default:
- Namespace: select the function namespace.
- Function name: select the function created in the Creating SCF function step.
- Alias: select a function alias.
- Maximum waiting time: configure the longest waiting time for a single event pull. Default value: 60s.
- Download the log file in the test sample, extract
demo-scf1.txt, and import it to the source CLS service.
- Switch to the SCF console to view the execution result.
Select the Log Query tab on the function details page to view the printed log information as shown below:
- Log in to the COS console to view the data dumping and processing result.
You can write specific data processing methods as needed.