This document describes how to create instances and topics in the CKafka console.
Log in to the CKafka console.
Click Instance List on the left sidebar and click Create to enter the instance purchase page.
On the instance purchase page, set the configuration information for purchase based on your actual needs.
- Billing Mode: monthly subscription
- Specs Type: select the Standard or Pro Edition based on your business needs.
- Kafka Version: select a Kafka version based on your business needs. For more information, please see Suggestions for CKafka Edition Selection.
- Region: select a region close to the resource for client deployment.
- AZ: select an AZ according to your actual needs.
- Standard Edition: it does not support multi-AZ deployment.
- Pro Edition: if the current region supports multi-AZ deployment, you can select up to 2 AZs for deployment. For more information on how multi-AZ deployment works, please see Multi-AZ Deployment.
- Product Specs: select an appropriate model based on the peak bandwidth and disk capacity.
- Message Retention: select a value between 24 and 2160 hours.
When the disk capacity is insufficient (i.e., the disk utilization reaches 90%), old messages will be deleted in advance to ensure the service availability.
- VPC: if you need to access other VPCs, you can modify routing access rules as instructed in Adding a Routing Policy.
- Tag: it is optional. For specific usage, please see Tag Overview.
- Instance Name: when purchasing multiple instances, you can use the features of automatically incrementing the instance suffix number and specifying a pattern string. For detailed directions, please see Consecutive Batch Naming or Naming with Pattern String.
Click Buy Now to complete the instance creation process.