This document describes how to create a topic in a created instance in the CKafka console.
- Log in to the CKafka console.
- On the Instance List page, click the ID/Name of the instance created in Step 1. Create an Instance to enter the instance details page.
- On the instance details page, click Topic Management at the top and click Create.
- In the Edit Topic window, set the number of partitions and replicas and other parameters.
- Name: The topic name. It cannot be changed once entered and can contain only letters, digits, underscores, or symbols ("-" and ".").
- Partition Count: It is a concept in physical partition, where one topic can contain one or more partitions. CKafka uses partition as a message allocation unit.
- Replica Count: The number of partition replicas is used to ensure the high availability of the partition. To ensure data reliability, creating a single-replica topic is not supported. Two replicas are enabled by default.
Replicas are also counted into the number of partitions. For example, if you create 1 topic with 6 partitions and 2 replicas for each partition, then you have a total of 12 partitions (1 x 6 x 2).
- Tag: Set a resource tag. For more information, see Tag Overview.
- Preset ACL Policy: Select the preset ACL policy. For more information on ACL policy, see Configuring ACL Policy.
- Click Submit.