This document describes how to create a topic under an existing instance in the CKafka console.
- Log in to the CKafka console.
- On the Instance List page, click the ID of the instance created in step 1 to go to the instance details page.
- On the instance details page, click the Topic Management tab and click Create.
- In the Create Topic dialog box, set parameters as needed.
- Name: topic name, which cannot be changed once entered and can contain only letters, digits, underscores (_), hyphens (-), and dots (.).
- Partition Count: number of partitions (physical). A topic can contain one or multiple partitions. CKafka allocates resources by partition.
- Replica Count: number of partition replicas, which ensure the availability of partitions. For data reliability concerns, CKafka does not support single-replica topics currently. Two replicas are created for each partition by default.
Replicas are also counted into the number of partitions. For example, if you create 1 topic with 6 partitions, and 2 replicas for each partition, then you have a total of 12 partitions (1 x 6 x 2).
- Allowlist: if the allowlist is enabled, the topic can be accessed only from IP addresses in the allowlist, which ensures data security. You can enable allowlist in either the Create Topic or Edit Topic window.
- Click Submit.