This document describes how to create a topic under an existing instance in the CKafka console.
- Log in to the CKafka console.
- On the Instance List page, click the ID/Name of the instance created in step 1 to enter the Instance Details page.
- On the Instance Details page, click Topic Management at the top and click Create.
- In the Edit Topic window, set the number of partitions and replicas and other parameters.
- Name: the topic name, which cannot be changed once entered and can only contain letters, digits, underscores, hyphens, and dots.
- Partition Count: it is a concept in physical partition, where one topic can contain one or more partitions. CKafka uses partition as an allocation unit.
- Replica Count: the number of partition replicas is used to ensure the high availability of the partition. To ensure data reliability, creating a single-replica topic is not supported. Two replicas are enabled by default.
Replicas are also counted into the number of partitions. For example, if you create 1 topic with 6 partitions, and 2 replicas for each partition, then you have a total of 12 partitions (1 x 6 x 2).
- Allowlist: if the allowlist is enabled, the topic can be accessed only from IP addresses in the allowlist, which ensures data security. You can enable allowlist in either the Create Topic or Edit Topic window.
- Click Submit to complete topic creation.