This document describes how to use SCF to dump CLS logs to ES. CLS is mainly used for log collection, and SCF mainly provides node computing capabilities for data processing. For the data processing flowchart, please see Function Processing Overview.
Creating a log topic
Log in to the CLS console.
Click Log Topic in the left sidebar.
On the log topic management page, select a region, click Create Log Topic.
In the pop-up, configure the following settings:
- Log Topic Name: for example, enter
- Partitions: the default value is 1. For details about topic partitions, see Topic Partition.
- Partition Auto-Split: enabled by default.
- Maximum Partitions: you can specify the maximum number of partitions. The value is up to 50.
- Logset Operation:
- Select an existing logset: select a target logset from the drop-down list of the Logset. The log retention period is determined by the logset retention period.
- Create logset:
- Logset Name: for example, enter
- Log Retention Period: the default value is 30
After the log topic is created, you can click its ID/name on the “Log Topic” page to view its details.
- You’re advised to select the same region as the CVM or any other Tencent Cloud service from which you collect logs.
- Once a logset is created, you cannot modify its region.
- The logs can be retained for 1-366 days. To retain logs for longer, please submit a ticket.
Creating SCF functions
- Log in to the SCF console and select Function Service in the left sidebar.
- At the top of the Function Service page, select the Beijing region and click Create to enter the function creating page and configure the following parameters:
- Function name: enter CLSdemo.
- Runtime environment: select Python 2.7.
- Creation method: select Function Template.
- Fuzzy search: enter CLSToElasticsearch and search.
Click Learn More in the template to view relevant information in the Template Details pop-up window, which can be downloaded.
After configuring the basic information, click Next to enter the function configuration page.
Keep the default configuration and click Finish to complete the function creation.
You should select the same VPC and subnet of CLS for the created function on the Function Configuration page.
Configuring CLS triggers
- Log in to the CLS console and click Logset on the left sidebar.
- Locate the existing logset you want, and click View under “Operation” on the right to enter the logset details page.
- On the log topic details page, select Function Processing and click Create. Add the created function in the Function Processing pop-up window.
The main parameter information is as follows. Use the default values for the remaining configuration items.
- Namespace: select the function namespace.
- Function name: select the function created in the Creating SCF function step.
- Alias: select a function alias.
- Maximum waiting time: configure the longest waiting time for a single event pull. Default value: 60s.
Testing the function
- Download the log file in the test sample, extract
demo-scf1.txt, and import it to the source CLS service.
- Switch to the SCF console to view the execution result.
Select the Log Query tab on the function details page to view the printed log information.
- Log in to the ES console to view the data dumping and processing result.
You can write specific data processing methods as needed.