Last updated: 2019-06-06 14:29:38PDF
In order to meet the needs in various business scenarios, Aegis Anti-DDoS allows adjustment and upgrade of the base protection bandwidth and elastic protection of DDoS protective IP and DDoS protection pack.
Adjusting Base Protection Bandwidth
- If the base protection is upgraded, extra fees will be charged, and the protection level can be upgrade but not downgraded.
- When upgrading the base protection bandwidth, you need to pay the price difference for the days before the expiry date. To upgrade the base protection bandwidth, you should pay the price difference by the day: days of upgrade = resource expiry date - the current date; upgrade fees = monthly price difference for upgrade x days of upgrade x (365 / 12).
- If the base protection bandwidth after adjustment exceeds the set elastic protection bandwidth, elastic protection will be disabled.
- Upgrade does not affect the resource expiry date.
- Upgrade can be paid for with vouchers and voucher amounts.
The prices below are for example only but not listed prices at our official website. For the actual unit prices, see Aegis Product Pricing.
On October 4, 2017, you purchased one BGP DDoS protective IP (1-year, single-IP, East China) with a base protection bandwidth of 10 Gbps, an elastic protection bandwidth of 20 Gbps and bill-by-bandwidth traffic-forwarding at a prepaid unit price of USD559/month.
On September 14, 2018, the base protection bandwidth was upgraded from 10 Gbps to 20 Gbps at the unit price of USD1079/month.
- Monthly price difference for upgrade = 1079 - 559 = USD520/month.
- Days of upgrade = 17 + 4 = 21 days. The expiry date is October 4, 2018, and there are 17 days from September 14 to September 30.
- Upgrade fees = (1079 - 559) x 21 / (365 / 12) = USD359.01.
Adjusting Elastic Protection Bandwidth
Adjusting the elastic protection bandwidth does not affect elastic billing. Click "Modify Elastic Protection Bandwidth" on the same row as the instance to upgrade the specification.