Cloud Monitor (CM) enables you to monitor and manage cloud products as well as configure and visualize your own custom monitoring metrics. Leveraging its three-dimensional, intelligent, real-time and personalized monitoring services, CM allows you to accurately understand the health of your business and cloud products in real time.
CM is automatically activated for all Tencent Cloud accounts. After purchasing Tencent Cloud products, you can go directly to the CM console to check the running states of your products and set alarms for your products.
Data for all metrics can be collected in just seconds, and even the smallest changes to the metrics can be perceived, providing you with an in-depth cloud product monitoring experience. CM provides free storage for monitoring data within seconds for up to 24 hours. You can view and download monitoring data online.
CM supports setting custom trigger rules for monitoring metrics, which enables precise alarms in multiple dimensions such as metric thresholds, statistical periods, duration and alarm frequency. Moreover, it can promptly send alarms via email, SMS, WeChat, phone calls and other communication channels.
CM provides a custom monitoring dashboard where you can customize key metrics in a cross-product and cross-instance manner for pinned display and centrally display resources from the same business or cluster. This is ideal for creating various flexible and personalized view functions in different monitoring scenarios such as cross-instance aggregation/detailed data, real-time/historical data display, comparison and display of similar metrics and chart-table linkage.
CM is a one-stop monitoring platform that supports basic monitoring, cloud automated testing and custom monitoring. The basic monitoring covers all key metrics of the cloud products that are displayed in charts and supports personalized alarm policies. Cloud automated testing uses the service quality checkpoints distributed around the globe to periodically monitor your websites, domain names and backend interfaces. Custom monitoring provides you with a portal for self-service reporting of monitoring data and supports functions such as visual data display and alarms for exceptions.
Features like instance grouping and trigger condition templates help you readily improve OPS efficiency. Instance grouping supports the grouping of cross-region and cross-project cloud product instances for convenient unified management and the creation of instance groups on demand to efficiently manage instances and set alarm policies. The alarm rules set for trigger condition templates can also be used for the trigger conditions of alarms with a single click, making it easier for you to set and modify alarm rules in batches and improve OPS efficiency.
CM offers monitoring metrics for the load and performance of multiple cloud products. The monitoring agent for data reporting must be installed to enable the basic metrics for Cloud Virtual Machine. Other basic metrics are automatically reported by Tencent Cloud and do not require further actions. You can simply log in to the CM console or use APIs to view your data.
You can configure metric parameters and report metric data through Custom Monitor’s intuitive self-service reporting portal. Custom Monitor provides powerful backend data statistics and processing capabilities for the reported data and stores the data for a specific period of time free of charge. A variety of chart displays that support single-instance chart view, multi-day trend comparison and aggregated chart view are available. Custom Monitor also supports alarms and notifications for exceptions, making it possible to identify exceptions, trigger alarms and immediately send notifications and enabling you to monitor your businesses around the clock.
CM supports configuring alarm policies for a variety of products, giving you the ability to customize alarm triggering rules for metrics, monitored objects for alarms, alarm notification recipients and notification channels. For Cloud Virtual Machine (CVM), CM provides a default alarm policy. After setting the default policy, newly purchased CVMs will be automatically associated with the policy with no manual binding required, greatly simplifying your operations and helping you monitor the running states of all of your cloud products in real time.
CM provides a wide variety of charts that can support a large amount of data information and display associated data information in an integrated manner for easy analytics. Data for one single metric from multiple instances can be viewed in lists, allowing you to quickly find the maximum and minimum values. Data for multiple metrics in one single instance can also be viewed, helping you easily identify instances with metric exceptions. The data can be visually displayed, enabling you to explore business information.
The goal of daily inspection is to manage cloud products and monitor their health on a daily basis. By directly logging in to the console, you can view the monitoring data of each metric for each cloud product and understand its running state with ease.
- In the Dashboard, you can view key resources, monitor custom cross-product and cross-instance key metrics in pinned display, and view monitoring data such as cross-instance aggregated data, real-time/historical data and comparison of similar metrics.
- By monitoring cloud products, you can view resource monitoring details and recognize even the smallest changes to the monitoring metrics. Moreover, you can check the cloud resource list and the corresponding monitoring and alarm details for each account, and immediately locate abnormal instances and troubleshoot problems based on the specific data and information of the exceptions.
The goal of enterprise OPS is to manage a large number of instances and quickly improve OPS efficiency. Functions such as instance grouping and trigger condition templates can be used to efficiently manage the instances for scenarios with large numbers of enterprise-class instances.
- Cross-region and cross-project instances can be grouped on demand to manage them and set alarm policies for them in batches, reducing the burden of OPS.
- Trigger condition templates can be used to set alarm rules for specific cloud products, which can be reused for the trigger condition settings of the alarm policies, eliminating the need to set the same rules repeatedly. Modifications made to the alarm rules of the template will be applied to all alarm policy groups bound to the template.
The goal of business monitoring is to enable functions like business data reporting, automatic analytics and computation and visual display. Business data is reported through the Custom Monitor interface for round-the-clock monitoring of your businesses.
- You can use Custom Monitor to report business data in a self-service manner, configure metric parameters with ease and obtain powerful backend data statistics and processing capabilities. A wide variety of chart displays are available, supporting single-instance chart view, multi-day trend comparison and aggregated chart view. You can also set alarms for key metrics so that you can receive alerts immediately when exceptions occur.
Cloud Monitor provides basic features free of charge, and only charges for alarm SMS messages (a paid value-added service). Each account has a free quota of 1000 SMS messages every month. If you need to buy more quota, please contact your sales rep or submit a ticket for consultation.