Licensed by PUBG Corporation, jointly developed by LightSpeed & Quantum Studio, and jointly published by Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation, PUBG MOBILE is the official mobile edition of PUBG, which is one of the most popular mobile games in the world. It ranked No. 1 in various app stores in 105 countries and regions in only merely one week after its release for global public beta. It was downloaded over 600 million times worldwide since its release with more than 50 million DAU (excluding Chinese mainland).
Globalization Core Requirements
- Global presence: The global publishing of the game requires global coverage and interconnection of the customer's business architecture;
- Network quality: Tactical tournament games are sensitive to latency and network jitter, especially in Southeast Asia where a more refined network coverage solution was required;
- Difficulty in delivery: The business demands of the game are far beyond the expectations after its launch, generating a heavy burden on global resource evaluation and delivery.
Why Tencent Cloud
(1) Global coverage on five continents and POP access points:
Tencent Cloud enables local access for PUBG MOBILE players by leveraging its availability zones distributed across major countries and regions in Asia, North America, Europe, South America and Oceania. It establishes reliable high-speed tunnels among server regions to ensure efficient access to regional servers. Players in rural areas far away from the servers can connect to Tencent Cloud's POP access points (public network), which then transfers the access traffic to the game service in Tencent Cloud's IDC (private network), implementing accelerated access from the players to the servers and providing an equitable and seamless gaming experience for players around the world.
(2) High-speed tunnels for improved regional network quality:
In addition to local deployment and POP access points, Tencent Cloud helps PUBG MOBILE significantly improve the connection quality of cross-border access requests by means of its accelerated global application capacities, especially in Southeast Asia which is interspersed with islands and peninsulas. Players can directly connect to origin servers in Hong Kong through reliable high speed tunnels that connect to local access points. This achieves low latency and high stability, which meets the strict requirements of the battle servers and ensures seamless operation of the framework for unified regional servers.
(3) Robust delivery capability for guaranteed business continuity:
Tencent Cloud provides extensive offerings in computing services and high-performance database services for PUBG MOBILE. User traffic during the initial release was higher than expected. With the aid of its massive and elastic server resources deployed around the globe, Tencent Cloud has managed to deliver thousands of servers in only a few days, helping PUBG MOBILE manage overwhelming access demand by global players and sustain high growth internationally.