WAF supports the configuration and protection of HTTPS access to domain names. If your website has not been altered for the HTTPS protocol, you can apply for a DV certificate free of charge in the SSL Certificate Service console. After your application is approved, you can associate the certificate in the WAF console and then easily implement access and client connection to the entire website over HTTPS without modifying the real server.
Associating HTTPS Certificate
- Log in to the WAF console and select Web Application Firewall -> Defense settings on the left sidebar.
- On the defense settings page, click Add domains to enter the domain name adding page.
- In server configuration on the page, select HTTPS. In certificate configuration, click Associate Certificate.
The certificate format should be PEM and the content should be text.
- Select Tencent Cloud Hosting Certificate as the certificate source. Then, WAF will automatically associate an available certificate of the domain name. After the configuration is completed, click Save.
- Enable forced HTTPS redirect, select the HTTP access protocol above, select HTTP as the HTTPS origin-pull method, and set other parameters as needed; then, your website will support HTTPS access.
To enable forced HTTPS redirect, you need to select both HTTP and HTTPS access protocols.