You can create a secret in the SSM console. After the secret is successfully created, you can enable, disable, edit, and delete on schedule the secret, and perform other operations on the secret.
- Log in to the SSM console and click Credential List in the left sidebar.
- In the upper left corner of the Credential List page, choose a region to create a secret in and then click Create.
- Enter the configuration in the pop-up Create Credential window and then click Confirm to return to the Credential List. The newly created secret will be at the top of the credential list.
- Credential Name: its length can be 1-128 bytes, containing letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_). It must start with a letter or digit.
- Credential Version: required.
- Credential Content: required.
- Description: optional.
- Encryption Key:
- Use the default CMK that SSM has created in KMS.
- Use a custom encryption key.
If you are using SSM, you have activated KMS. You can create an encryption key in either of the following ways:
- Use the default Tencent Cloud managed CMK created in the KMS console as the encryption key, and use the envelope encryption method for encrypted storage.
- Use a custom key created in the KMS console as the encryption key for encrypted storage.