Change Instance Public IP
Last updated: 2019-07-25 18:36:25
The public network IP of the instance can be replaced by binding and unbinding the EIP. After the EIP is bound, the original public network IP will be lost and cannot be retrieved. After the EIP is released, a new free public IP will be assigned to complete the public IP replacement.
Release the unbound EIP as soon as possible if you no longer use it. Otherwise, you will be billed for the idle EIP. The released EIP cannot be retrieved.
Binding an EIP
- Log in to Tencent Cloud, enter the CVM management page of the CVM console, and click More -> IP Operation -> Bind EIP.
- After confirming the information in the pop-up box, click Convert.
- The EIP converted successfully is shown as below:
It is recommended to bind the applied EIP with the CVM immediately. Otherwise, you will be billed for the idle EIP.
- To convert the EIP back to public network IP, click More -> IP Operation -> Unbind EIP.
- In the pop-up box, select Assign Public IP for Free after Unbinding, and click OK to unbind the EIP.
- Click Elastic Public IP on the navigation bar on the left side to go to the Elastic Public IP Management page. Select the target EIP, and click Release in the Action column.
- Confirm the information in the pop-up box, and click OK to release the EIP.