Microsoft has officially ended the support for Windows Server 2008 since January 14, 2020, and therefore Tencent Cloud has also deactivated the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition SP1 64-bit public image on March 16, 2020. Tencent CVMs using this image can no longer receive security updates and patches from Microsoft, and may be exposed to program compatibility, stability and security risks.
This image now cannot be used to create or reinstall CVM instances, but you can continue using custom images, marketplace images or importing images. To ensure the security and stability of your business, we recommend migrating your Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition SP1 64-bit CVM instances to Windows Server 2012 or later versions.
Because Microsoft no longer provides security updates and patches, the operating system issues cannot be resolved. If you insist on using the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition SP1 64-bit operating system, take note of the following risks:
- After March 16, 2020, Tencent CVMs with the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition SP1 64-bit operating system can no longer receive updates and patches from Microsoft. Continued use of this operating system may expose your applications and businesses to a variety of risks, including but not limited to application incompatibility, non-compliance, and possible non-functional security problems.
- If you continue to use CVMs with the Windows Server 2008 operating system after March 16, 2020, Tencent Cloud will not be held responsible for any failures, security issues, incompatibility or other risks of the operating system due to lack of support from Microsoft. You will be liable for all the consequences arising therefrom.
Because Microsoft no longer provides security updates and patches for Windows Server 2008, Tencent Cloud cannot resolve its operating system issues and accepts no responsibility for the following cases:
- Your instance with the Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition SP1 64-bit operating system may be exposed to failures, security issues, incompatibilities, operation exceptions, or even system crashes.
- If an application running on your Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition SP1 64-bit instance has an exception and needs patches or OS support from Microsoft, we can only provide troubleshooting assistance but not a complete solution.
- Due to hardware compatibility and driver-related limitations, new releases of Tencent Cloud CVMs may not be able to support running Windows Server 2008 images.