You can flexibly switch the AZ in the TencentDB for MongoDB console based on your business needs.
During daily maintenance, you can place your TencentDB for MongoDB and CVM instances in the same AZ to lower the network latency. TencentDB for MongoDB multi-AZ instances support free AZ switch, and single-AZ instances support upgrade to multi-AZ instances.
TencentDB for MongoDB 4.2 doesn't support AZ modification.
AZ modification doesn't affect instance billing.
- AZ modification may lead to primary-secondary switch and a momentary disconnection of about 10 seconds; therefore, proceed during the off-peak hours of your business.
- After AZ modification, you must switch the network to the subnet of the new AZ as instructed in Switching Instance Network.
- All instance attributes, configurations, and connection address will stay unchanged after AZ modification.
- Log in to the TencentDB for MongoDB console.
- In the MongoDB drop-down list on the left sidebar, select Replica Set Instance or Sharded Instance. The directions for the two types of instances are similar.
- Above the instance list on the right, select the region.
- In the instance list, find the target instance.
- Click the instance ID to enter the Instance Details page.
- In the Basic Info section on the Instance Details page, click Modify AZs after AZ.
- In the Modify AZs window, read the prompt carefully and confirm AZ modification.
AZ modification may lead to primary-secondary switch and a momentary disconnection of about 10 seconds; therefore, proceed during the off-peak hours of your business.
- Set AZs in the drop-down lists after Primary Node and Secondary Node respectively.
- Select the time for executing the AZ switch task after Switch Time.
- Upon modification completion: The task will be executed immediately after the configuration is completed.
- During maintenance time: The task will be executed during the maintenance time period.
- Click OK.
The Instance Status in Basic Info becomes Switching AZ. Wait for the task to be completed, and you can see that the AZ has been modified.