This article describes how to modify a security group rule. Rules are important because they protect you CVM instance from malicious attacks. For example, they can protect certain ports from being abused.
Make sure you have created a security group with rules.
Refer to Creating Security Groups and Adding Security Group Rules.
- Log in to the CVM Console.
- In the left sidebar, select Security Group. The Security Group page then appears.
- Select the desired region and find the security group.
- Locate desired security group and click Modify Rules. The Security Group Rule page then appears.
- Use Inbound rule and Outbound rule to switch between inbound and outbound security group rules.
- Locate the desired rule and click Edit to modify it.
You don’t need to reboot the CVM for the rule changes to take effect.