After HD video is enabled, VooV Meeting will provide 1080p HD video image to make your video image in the meeting clearer and more vivid.
- Logged-in user: Enterprise Edition user
- Logged-in device: Windows or macOS
- Version: v1.6.0 or later
- Hardware requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4-core or higher (currently, AMD CPUs are not supported).
- Camera: built-in or external camera supporting capturing image at a resolution of 1080p or higher.
- Recommended bandwidth: 3–5 Mbps.
- Enterprise Edition users can enable HD video. After HD video is selected, it will take effect immediately as long as the hardware requirements are met.
- If HD video is enabled, the client can encode and send videos with a resolution of up to 1080p and a frame rate of 15 FPS.
- If HD video is disabled, the client can encode and send videos with a resolution of up to 720p and a frame rate of 30 FPS.
- No matter on which edition (Enterprise, Business, or Free) the receiver client is, it can play back videos with a resolution of up to 1080p and a frame rate of 15 FPS as long as the PC performance allows.
- The average CPU utilization within 1 minute cannot exceed 30%; otherwise, the HD video quality cannot be maintained.
Enabling HD Video
On the VooV Meeting homepage or in the window of a meeting in progress, click Settings > Video and select HD Video, and HD video will take effect immediately.