An EIP is a region-level static public IP. It can connect a VPC-based CVM instance to the public network. This document describes how to bind an EIP to a CVM instance for public network access.
A VPC-base CVM instance, if you do not allocate a public IP when purchasing it, it cannot access to the public network.
However you can bind an EIP to the CVM instance to access the public network.
Step 1. Apply for an EIP
If you already have an idle EIP, you can skip this step and proceed to Step 2.
- Log in to the VPC console.
- Click IP and ENI > Public IP/EIP to enter the public IP page.
- At the top of the Public IP/EIP page, select the same region as the CVM instance and click Apply.
- In the Apply for EIP pop-up window, configure the parameters as needed and click OK. For more parameter descriptions, see Applying for EIP.
Step 2. Bind an EIP to the CVM instance
- On the Public IP/EIP page, select More > Bind on the right of the EIP.
- In the Bind resources pop-up window, select CVM instance, select your CVM instance ID, and click OK.
Step 3. Verify the public network access through the EIP
- Go to the CVM console, click Login on the right of the CVM instance, and enter the password to access the CVM UI.
ping www.qq.com to test the data connectivity. If data is returned, the CVM instance can access the public network.