This document describes how to back up data stored in the cloud. COS provides the following three methods to facilitate backup of data stored in COS:
With the cross-region replication feature, COS can automatically and asynchronously replicate new objects added to one bucket to another bucket in a different region. When cross-region replication is enabled, COS will accurately replicate the object content (such as object metadata and version ID) in the source bucket to the destination bucket, and the object copies contain exactly the same attribute information.
For more information, please see High-Availability Disaster Recovery Architecture Based on Cross-region Replication.
For more information, please see Setting Cross-Region Replication.
The COS batch operation feature enables you to perform large-scale batch replication operations at the object level.
For some business reasons, you may need to back up all data in an existing bucket to another bucket to ensure data availability and reliability.
For more information, please see Batch Operation.
The batch replication operation should be used in conjunction with the inventory feature. For more information on inventory, please see Inventory Overview. This operation allows you to replicate the specified objects in batches from the source bucket to the destination bucket in the same region or in different regions. It supports customizing parameters for the
PUT Object-copy operation, and the metadata and storage class of the copy are subject to the configuration information. For more information, please see PUT Object - copy.
- All objects to be replicated must be in the same bucket.
- Only one destination bucket can be configured for a batch replication job.
- You need to have permission to read objects from the source bucket and write objects into the destination bucket.
- The total size of the objects cannot exceed 5 GB.
- Verification via ETags and server-side encryption using custom keys are not supported.
- If the destination bucket does not have versioning enabled and contains an object file with the same name as a file to be replicated, COS will overwrite the object file.
Tencent Cloud Migration Service Platform (MSP) provides easy and fast resource migration schemes. After you create a migration job, you can view the migration progress, migration report, and much more in the MSP Console. For detailed directions, please see COS Migration.