Change Security Group
Last updated: 2020-02-02 17:31:26PDF
Security group is a stateful virtual firewall for filtering packets and is used to set the network access controls for a single or multiple CVMs. It is a logical grouping and an important means of network security isolation. When a CVM instance is created, you must configure the security group for it. Tencent Cloud supports configuring a new security group for the CVM instance after it is created.
To configure a new security group for the instance, create a security group first.
- Log in to CVM Console, and select the instance to be assigned to the new security group.
- Click More on the right, and then click Configure Security Group.
- Enter the security group configuration page, and select the name of the new security group (multiple names can be selected), and click Confirm.
- Another way is to select the instance and click More actions on the top > Add to security group to get into the configuration page.
You can only bind a security group in the same project and region as CVM.
- You can also enter the instance details page, click Security Groups tab > Bind to bind the security group.
- Enter the security group configuration page, and select the name of the new security group (multiple names can be selected), and click OK to replace the security group.